Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blackouts, birds, and homework by candlelight

We have had several power outages in the house these last few weeks. These were all just blown fuses in our house, not power lost throughout the neighborhood, so they were quick fixes. Last week we lost power twice in one hour when I turned on the A/C in the front room of our house. The A/C has given us trouble on and off since it was installed, but I couldn't figure out how it was causing the whole fuse box to blow in just minutes. When our maintanence guy came and opened up the A/C in question, he found a huge bird's nest in the compressor. Guess we know why it was struggling! The bird was never found, but the nest was removed and the A/C sealed so as to prevent further house hunters from settling in.

Then last night we experienced our first true neighborhood-wide blackout since moving here (after 8 months, I can hardly complain). So I ended up doing my homework by candlelight.

 
(I guess this picture also gives a little preview of our office/TV room - more house pics to come!)


No comments:

Post a Comment